· Kansas is the largest grain sorghum producing state in the US.
· Sorghum is gluten free.
· One-third of the US grain sorghum in used for livestock feed.
· Exports make up one-third of the US grain sorghum market.
· Sorghum can be used as a high quality aquatic feed.
· Grain Sorghum is also called milo.
· Grain Sorghum is one of the oldest known grains originating in Africa and India.
· One bushel of grain sorghum equal 56 pounds.
· It takes only 6 inches of total water (soil, rainfall, irrigation) to produce the first bushel of grain sorghum.
· Sorghum heads have 750-1,250 seeds per head.
· Sorghum can be used to produce packing peanuts.